Wood structure building is divided into light wood structure and heavy wood structure from the structural form. The main structural components are solid wood sawwood or engineering wood products. Wood-structured buildings are widely used all over the world, including single and combined wooden house villas, multi-storey apartment buildings, as well as low-rise commercial buildings and public buildings, such as restaurants, schools, churches, shops, office buildings and so on. In recent years, the wood-structured buildings built in China are mainly light wood-structured dwellings.
The specific advantages of the wooden house are as follows:
(1) Long service life: Wood is a very stable and durable material. Wood-structured houses can be used for more than 100 years if they are properly maintained in construction.
(2) Simple construction and short construction period: The components and connectors used can be manufactured in the factory according to the standard, and then transported to the construction site and assembled into houses quickly.
(3) Majesty interior design: The interior partition of wooden houses is generally less used for load-bearing, and the position of the interior partition can be changed at will, so that the interior design can completely change the space combination of the house according to individual preferences, according to the needs of different periods, and can adopt open or traditional partition.
(4) Warm in winter and cool in summer: Because wood is an insulator, the thermal insulation effect of wood-structured houses is three times higher than that of hollow brick houses. So the wooden house is warm in winter and cool in summer. It's very comfortable.
(5) Good seismic performance: Wood-structured buildings have relatively little seismic force absorbed during earthquakes because of their light weight, and because the space box structure composed of floor and wall system can interact with each other, they are mostly motionless in earthquakes, or the whole body is slightly deformed but will not fall apart, so they have strong resistance to gravity, wind and earthquakes. (6) Fire prevention: Gypsum board and fire-proof paint are used in wooden structure houses, with emphasis on the protection of flammable wood components (including walls, floors, ceiling and roofs) to meet the general fire resistance limit requirements. In buildings where public safety is critical, indoor wood structural materials can be treated with flame retardants.
(7) Moisture-proof, breathable, anticorrosive and insect-proof: the average moisture content of wood used for building American-style wooden houses is only 17%. With strict and unique construction technology, the drying of building materials can be ensured. A kind of one-way breathing paper is added to the structure, which can release air inside the house and prevent water vapor from entering people outside the house, as well as technical measures to make the wood dry once the water enters the building. The structure has good moisture-proof and air permeability, while the wood structure which keeps dry can prevent mildew, corrosion and termite invasion (the balance moisture content of wood is below 19%). Wood structures exposed to natural environments can be treated with preservatives to prevent both termites and preservatives.
(8) Construction costs are comparable: although the cost of timber materials is higher than that of concrete or masonry buildings, the total cost can be basically similar to that of other structures such as concrete buildings because of the small number of workers, short construction time, low labor costs and low decoration costs.
(9) Nature, environmental protection and safety (timber is original color, slightly green)
(10) Antisepsis, mildew prevention, moth prevention and termite invasion prevention.
(11) To improve the stability of wood, the protection of outdoor wood structure is more important.
(12)Easy to paint and colour, according to the design needs, can achieve a beautiful effect.
(13) It can satisfy all kinds of design needs and is easy to produce all kinds of horticultural landscape exquisite products.
(14) Contact with wet soil or hydrophilic effect is particularly significant, which can meet the needs of outdoor climatic environment for more than 30 years.